Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yorkshire Crimewatch


We saw some motorcyclists inexpertly chugging up the path that runs past Whernside in the Yorkshire Dales. Thinking this was probably illegal, I discreetly snapped some shots that I could later present to the local Chief Inspector so that he could make the appropriate arrests. And provide me with a generous financial reward. But sadly the resolution on my camera isn't good enough to make out their number plates. And now I'm thinking that they may have been on a Yorkshire Green Lane which is totally kosher, apparently. The Green Lanes Alliance (which sounds like a cool eco-terrorist group, but unfortunately not) would like to change that.


That's the magnificent Ribblehead Viaduct, which lies at the foot of Whernside, resplendent with its 24 arches. Lenka took about 500 pictures of it.

No comments: