Monday, January 09, 2006

My head hurts


Where was I today? That vaguely sinister looking building is where I was today - being force-fed psychometric tests for about 4 hours. It is the 'Quaywest' in Salford and is made of tinted bronze glass, resplendent amongst other local landmarks such as Old Trafford, the Lowry Centre and the Imperial War Museum (which I like). I was worried I would not be able to find the way from Harbour City tramstop, but no fear since as I disembarked so did half a dozen other Wannabe Civil Service Drones in suits. It didn't bode well that none of us could penetrate the building - the front doors opened automatically but right behind this was another set of doors which seemed to be broken. It took a good minute of jumping up and down on the floor (to try and activate the pressure pad) before a security guard came and demonstrated that they were old-fashioned doors which had to be, like, pushed and pulled. Stupid building.

No comments: