Sunday, February 25, 2007

hmmm peace marches

Well I didn't go to the peace march in Glasgow yesterday, but the BBC's reporting is curious - 'Unlikely allies unite on Trident'.
Anarcho-syndicalists. Communists. Scottish Nationalists. Anti-racism campaigners. Trades unionists.

It was an eclectic mix which wound its merry way from Cowcaddens to Glasgow's George Square.
Why are they 'unlikely allies'? It sounds like just the sort of random left-of-centre groups that normally attend marches of this kind. If the Guild of City Bankers or the Countryside Alliance had been there too, then one might say that unlikely allies would have been uniting. As it is, it is just typical slapdash BBC reporting. But then I'm bitter that the beeb never gave me a job!

I have written to my local MP about the Trident, and have now been waiting nearly two months for my response. I'm sure it's in the post, but I wonder how much longer I should wait.

No comments: