Friday, February 16, 2007

Big in China

Well, well... according to my webstats most visits to this blog originate from China. I'm flattered, and I'm glad there is one corner of the world where my ersatz brand of humour strikes gold! This week I have abandoned my usual mainstay of the Guardian newspaper and have been trying to learn Mandarin in The Times. Unfortunately 'the US State Department estimates that it will take an Englishspeaker 2200 hours to reach anything resembling proficiency in Mandarin'. Since I was never any good at languages, that'll be more like 4400 hours for me. Nevertheless, if it turns out I really am more popular in China than anywhere else, I shall move there.

In the meantime, I will try and stay on the right side of the Chinese internet censors and not talk about anything too controversial. I certainly don't want to lose all my readers!

No comments: