Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hearing from my MP

Hear from your MP is, on the surface, an excellent website that allows ordinary internet uses to talk to their local member of parliament via a special e-mail group. Naturally, I signed up months ago and so imagine my excitement when the first e-mail from Ben Wellace (hon. member for Lancaster and Wyre) appeared in my in-box seeking my considered advice.

I just wish that in my enthusiasm I had taken a bit longer to think through my opinions, or at least check my sentence structure, before hitting 'send'. The poor man is going to look at the replies so far and resolve never to use the service again. Note how I also oh so un-subtlely invited him for a pint at the local, which goes to show how much I would enjoy spending time with politicians, even Conservative ones.

No comments: