Friday, November 10, 2006

5 things...

Up till 2 or 3 years ago, I only had to check that I had my keys and wallet before leaving the house. That way I would not only be able to buy stuff (if necessary) whilst I was out but I could also easily gain access to my residence on my return.

Then I upgraded by mobile phone from a big 10lb brick model with a painful aerial poking out of it to a cheap, nasty but smaller model. So I started doing the 'keys, wallet, phone' check through my pockets before stepping over the threshold.

Just recently it seems everywhere I go involves a long walk or a tedious journey on public transport. So I take my iPod in my coat pocket to make best use of the time. Since its battery life is pitiful (and Apple charge about £40 to fit a new battery), I also take the charger lead. This means I can also use it as a handy 4Gb hard drive, should the need arise.

So keys, wallet, phone, iPod, charger lead. Five things is much more effort to remember than two, and I'm always forgetting one of those items.

And, like today, it's usually the freakin' keys.

No comments: