Friday, April 28, 2006

Er... I'm a lightweight, I'm fired!

... well it wasn't quite like that, and to be honest I think I managed to cling on to my role at the CPS for longer than they had intended. But a person had been hired permanently to do my role (probably at less cost to them than my wage plus agency fees), so no need for me. I was very pleased to receive a card, lots of chocolate and some Star Wars biscuits as a leaving present. If only that happened after every temping assignment - all I got from Sunterra was a plastic orange pen. But given all the allegations maybe it's wise not to be too closely associated with receiving gifts from that particular organisation.

It was three and a half months of fun, stress and trying not to make too many bumbling mistakes... the problem with that kind of role is that the English criminal justice system creaks along so slowly that mistakes don't come become apparant straight away but only three or four weeks down the line. In the form of a fuming prosecution lawyer. But I enjoyed the atmosphere in the office, thinking up a 'word of the day' and learning about how crime lurks around every corner, even in a bright, happy place like Lancaster. And I don't think I'll ever be venturing north of the Lune again, now I know what goes on there ;-)

The agency were meant to be sorting something out, but surprise, surprise they haven't as yet - so I may well be paying another visit to my friends at Jobcentre Plus and having the luxury of time to write more frequent blog entries!

No comments: